2015-01-02

Creatives Unite

Creatives Unite:

The #Freifunk initiative


suddengrey:



I am currently attending the annual Chaos Computer Club Congress 31C3. It’s all about current social and net related politics.


My perception of this event is the same one I had three years ago: I am torn between “OMFG how can these security breaches happen!” and “Wow! How does one have such a marvellous Idea? I would love to talk to everyone I know about this”. The sad thing is, that I mostly realize that the topics are very complex and that a visual presentation anyone can understand would be very helpful.


A very practical example is Freifunk. The Freifunk initiative is a grassroots movement. Commited people want to offer anonymous and free of charge internet access and have already started to adjust existing hard- and software for this purpose. these modified routers can connect to each other ina so-called mesh-network, without a provider asking for customer details. A router connecting to this network just has to have access to the internet so that every logged in usercan surf the net, chat or read e-mails; without any registration process or having to pay.







via Tumblr http://bit.ly/1CWPtKS

No comments :

license to use my original content

is hereby granted as long as credit is given to the original author, this license should neither be understood as a claim that any image or content found here came from me nor should it be construed that I convey any license to use such content that did not come from me; the use of third-party images and the responsibility to assess the fair use of such or to procure a separate license to use them is the sole responsibility of the licensee, any clarification should be directed to the original author, see above
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
you can support the author by clicking one of the links below, Thanks!

amazon-nimbosa20-02

Lijit Stats Wijit - Recent Readers List